I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award!
What is the Liebster award?
For those you don’t know:
The Liebster Award is a virtual award given by fellow bloggers to newbies who are establishing themselves and their blogs as a way of spreading the word and recognizing their efforts.
These are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Post the award to your blog
- Answer the questions that were asked by the person nominating you
- Nominate a small group of other new bloggers you’ve discovered
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their blog
I’m going to start by answering Victoria’s nomination questions:
Where are you from?
I’m from Barcelona, Spain, but I’m currently living in Toronto, Canada.
My beautiful home city, Barcelona. (Image Source)
Toronto, my current city.
If you had to live in another country, which would it be and why?
I want to live in so many places! I don’t want to just be set in a specific country. It is a difficult question right now. I am very happy in Canada but I would love to live for a while in South East Asia and lots of other countries every few months.
What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you while traveling?
A few years ago I got a last minute flight from Barcelona to Paris for like 3 euro (roundtrip!). It was awesome!
What is your greatest achievement so far and why?
Setting goals in my life and managing to achieve them, like my personal life, work and this blog for instance. I can say that if I’m determined to get something I’ll end up achieving it! 🙂
What has been your most memorable travel experience?
Probably experiencing NYC for Christmas and New Years Eve. I highly recommend it!
Rockefeller Centre, New York City – Christmas day –
What travel destination most exceeded your expectations?
At the moment, probably Scotland. I went there last year while on exchange and it absolutely amazed me. I can’t wait to go back again!
Highlands, Scotland – Beautiful!-
What’s the most delicious food you’ve ever eaten abroad?
I loved trdelník, a typical pastry from Prague.
The delicious trdelník (Image Source)
What is your top travel tip?
Always divide your credit cards and cash among two places so they are not together. For example, I always keep cash in purse while visiting the city and credit cards at the hotel.
What made you start blogging?
Probably my university exchange during 2014. I really wanted to share my passion for travel and show my family the things I was doing while living abroad.
What’s the one thing you don’t leave the house without (key, phone and purse/wallet excluded)?
A book (or my Kindle).
Where do you think is the most underrated destination and why?
Canada. Because it has lots to offer and sometimes people don’t realize it!
I’m going to be answering Hanna’s nomination questions now:
1. If you could visit one place on Earth and nowhere else after, where would it be?
Probably South East Asia. I’ve been wanting to go for a long time and I think it would be definitely worth it to only be able to travel there. It looks like paradise 🙂
2. What are your tips for new bloggers who want to get their blog noticed?
Probably spread the word through Facebook groups that have the same interests as you do.
3. Where do you find inspiration for you blog posts?
I read lots of articles from fellow bloggers and I follow them on social media as well so I’m always updated! StumbleUpon and liking pages on Facebook it’s always a good idea.
4. What is your favourite cuisine?
My favorite cuisine is Japanese food. I can’t live without my sushi!
5. What influenced the title of your blog?
I wanted my name to symbolize the content of my blog: living the moment, enjoying the instants and sharing my experiences from around the world 🙂
6. Where in the world do you call home?
I call home wherever the ones I love are.
7. Which countries in the world have you visited?
I’ve been to America (USA, Canada, Mexico) and Europe (UK, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Holland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Ireland…) and I hope I can keep making that list longer soon! 🙂
8. In terms of likes and comments, what has your most popular post been about?
9. Are you a part of any blogging groups? If so, which one?
10. How often do you post to your blog?
I try to post around 2-3 times per week.
10 random facts about me:
1. I am obsessed with TV shows
2. I love reading
3. I’m a coffee addict
4. I hate flying so much… But I love traveling so much as well… Difficult times for me as a traveler!
5. One of my biggest dreams is doing a RTW trip
6. I collect keychains from everywhere I go
7. One of the best experiencies I’ve ever had is being in NYC for Christmas and New Year’s Eve
8. I am from Barcelona, Spain but I’m currently living in Toronto, Canada, as I answered on my first question 🙂
9. I studied Business Administration and Management at university and I’m currently completing my Masters in International Commerce
10. I love taking pictures! I bring my camera with me everywhere I go
These are the bloggers that I just discovered and want to nominate:
- Dom – One Long Stride
- Valery – Valery Collins
- Dariia – Dndgo
- Jaimee – Travel Pray Love
- Rebecca – Rebecca About Town
Your questions are the following
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
- Which is your favorite destination and why?
- What was the most challenging thing you’ve done while traveling?
- Do you prefer to travel solo or with someone else?
- What tip would you give to other travelers when in a foreign country?
- What is the best food you have tried abroad?
- If you could only choose one place to live, where would it be?
- What is the best way to make a travel blog grow?
- What is the best advice for someone that wants to save money for traveling?
- What influenced the title of your blog?
Can’t wait to read all your answers 🙂